How to Change Your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery
Is your Mercedes-Benz key fob battery slowly dying? If so, turn to the service experts at Mercedes-Benz of Rochester to help you remedy your Mercedes-Benz key fob issues! We’ll walk you through the warning signs to keep an eye for a dying battery, and take you through the necessary steps on how to change the battery in a Mercedes-Benz key!
How to Know When Your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery Needs to be Replaced
There are multiple warning signs that Troy drivers can look for that indicate a dying Mercedes-Benz key fob. These warnings include:
- Is your vehicle becoming more difficult to start in Rochester? If it takes several minutes or multiple attempts to start your car, this can signify a low battery.
- Are you unable to lock and unlock your doors, or set off the panic alarm when running errands around Sterling Heights? This can also be a sign that your battery is dying.
- If there’s a warning sign on your dashboard indicating an issue with the charging system, this can mean that you’re losing battery power in your key fob.
How to Replace Your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery
When the time comes to change your Mercedes-Benz fob battery, follow these steps:
- Find Your Key Type: Whether you have a newer Chrome SmartKey® or an older SmartKey®, the key type will determine how the batteries need to be changed.
- Purchase the Correct Batteries: The newer Chrome SmartKey® requires one CR 2025 battery while the older SmartKey® needs two.
- SmartKey® for Older Models: In order to replace your key fob battery, pull the latch at the end of the key holder, push your key horizontally into the open slot, and then lift the battery out of the compartment.
- Chrome SmartKey® for Newer Models: Pull the tab at the bottom, remove the cover by pushing the key into the narrow end of the slot then place the battery inside.
Rely on %%di_ name%% for Mercedes-Benz Service
If you need help replacing your Mercedes-Benz key fob battery, our Rochester Hills service experts can help! Contact us at (248) 652-3800 to inquire about Mercedes-Benz service costs, or if you have any additional questions about Mercedes-Benz technology. You can also schedule a service appointment online and while you’re at it, don’t forget to browse our service specials to get a great deal on your Mercedes-Benz service cost.